March 13, 2011

Taylor Tribute

Our major is full of absolutely wonderful people.
The problem?
They all seem to be leaving us behind in Utah.
The latest one to leave?

The Jake Taylor.

Never heard of him?
Well... You're very lucky that you are my friend and are reading this right now because SOMEDAY this guy is going to be famous.
I'm telling you.
It's true.
See for yourself.


Jake got a job in Pocatello.
And he's going to rock it there.
Watch out Idaho!

Luckily he's not going to be all alone.
I know of at least 2 other BYU Alum that are working at that station.
And even one person who is applying to work up there as well.
So it will definitely be a party.

Speaking of parties....
We couldn't let Jake leave without celebrating him.
And all his favorite things.

Ice Cream.
Us.Batman.Dr. Horrible's Sing-along blog.

And some really good conversations.

Warning: This next part may only mean something to those who were there.
Mark: I wonder if we could all sit in a room together and never say a word.

Beth: I don't think some of us could sit in a room by ourselves and not say anything.

(Brian and Mark raise their hands.)


Jake: I HAD TOO MUCH FIBER!


Kika: Hair! Stickshift! Hair! Stickshift! Hair!

Jake: You know? Bananas is a hard word. You have to count the "ana's." Banas. Dang it! Banananas. Dang it!


Mark: Wait.... you guys are married? I thought you were testing some new honor code pilot program?


Needless to say... Jake... We are going to miss you.
We wish you the best and can't wait to "like" your KIFI fan page.
And one last shout-out.
Never want to forget this.
It's more funny if you have seen the original PSA. Which we CONSTANTLY see during our newscast commercial breaks.

WE LOVE YOU JAKE TAYLOR!

Love much,
Beth

3 comments:

Markus said...

Thanks for documenting the memories! I seriously laughed out loud when I read this post. I love our group!

Lauren C said...

Love this, Beth! Thanks again for letting us invite ourselves over (again!). I love us, too!

Adam B. said...

that PSA is the best