Things We Accomplished
According to Brian
- Invitations. Well, we at least got the first proof and would have done more if they hadn't have been closed at the end of the week. I have to admit that it is really weird to see my name on a wedding invitation. It's exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time.
- Cake. We met with the cake lady and decided on the 8 different cupcake flavors that we will serve at our dinner. I'm pretty excited about it. These cupcakes are absolutely amazing. I'm especially excited for the raspberry chocolate swirled one.
- Caterer. Actually, I didn't really have anything to do with this one but Beth and her mom met with her and decided on the food that we will be having at our dinner. That's a pretty big step to have down.
- Register for Gifts. This one was actually really fun. I could write an entire post about this but I will spare you all. We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and went crazy...well, not too crazy. Mainly just the essentials. I'm not sure how I even feel about telling people what to give me for a gift but I guess it's just what you do. I'm not getting my hopes up though. We'll just see. I wish I could prioritize the list and put things that I REALLY want up top but like I said, the whole concept is pretty interesting. I'll just be grateful if anyone even gives us gifts because it's tough for everyone right now. Now all we have left to do is go register at Target.
- Ring. We got her ring re-sized. It was a little too big and now it fits much better. It was also cleaned as a process of the re-sizing just in time for our engagement pictures this Thursday.
- Haircuts. On Saturday Beth's amazing sister of many talents, Amy, gave both of us haircuts. Beth's new haircut is sooo beautiful. I'm afraid that when people get our wedding announcement they're all going to say, "How did he get her? She's way prettier than he is." Although, I don't think I'd mind that too much. Amy always does such a good job. I'm grateful that she is willing to do that for us.
- Engagement Photo Prep. Once again with the help of Amy we figured out what we will be wearing for our engagement photos. After we figured that out we went shopping to get Beth some accessories for her outfits and she got some very pretty earrings and a really sexy new hat. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
- Family Bonding. I know that this isn't exactly wedding planning but it did take up a lot of our time and it's always helpful to get to know the family that you're about to become a part of. On Monday we went to Beth's niece's Dance recital. That was a lot of fun, even though I had a headache. On Wednesday we went to her brother Jon's Eagle court of honor and then on Thursday we went to his graduation. I also spent all day Sunday and Monday with her family. We got a lot of non wedding things done today.
And last but not least, we went to the Hogle Zoo, and who doesn't like the Zoo?
No one, that's who.